Dolce Vita! My Summer in Italy

Ciao!
This summer my family and I went to Italy, and to say it was a dream would be an understatement.
Come with me as I reminisce on my Italian summer...

We first flew to Rome and stayed in the stunning area of Piazza Navona, one of my favourite places in the city. The area had narrow cobblestoned streets, lined with little restaurants, gelatarias and vintage shops. Sightseeing during the day and walking the little lanes during the evenings took up our days in Rome. 
I love quaint little towns, and although Rome is anything but quaint, the area we were in was adorable. In the mornings, we would walk down to a little cafe on the corner and indulge in croissants dipped in espresso while we planned out our day; this memory lives rent free in my head and I'm not mad about it. 


From Rome we headed to the beautiful country side, Tuscany, where we drank wine, ate pasta and roamed around the beautiful towns of Montepulciano, Montecatini, Pienza, San Gimignano and Pisa; we ate in local restaurants and laughed with locals till the sun set.


From Tuscany we drove back to Rome and took two trains and a ferry to the little coast town of Amalfi. One of my favourite towns, Amalfi was the definition of quaint. There weren't many tourists when we went, it felt like the whole town was ours to explore. Sipping on Aperol Spritzes by the water is one of my favourite memories!
Next we went to the iconic town of Positano. The bus ride down there was chaotic, but the views made up for it. There were little boutiques along the roads. Positano was definitely beautiful but a little underwhelming compared to what we see online. However, we made the best of it; hanging out by the beaches and sitting in cafes on the waterfront. 

My favourite part of the whole trip was Cinque Terre, which translates to five towns. We went to two of them, Vernazza and Monterusso- which was the best part of the whole trip!! Spending our days on beach clubs, reading books while sipping an aperol spritz and relaxing on the Italian coast was the epitome of time well spent!





We also went to Venice, Burano, Assisi, Sorrento, Salerno, Capri, Verona, Florence and Milan! It's safe to say these 25 days in Italy were definitely some of the best days I've ever had! I'm so glad I had my family to enjoy these days with. 

Thank you for coming along with me, arrividerci!

Sincerely, 
Sara 






Comments

Popular Posts