Dear New York

New York and My Favourite Movies: A Spiderweb of Thoughts


"Alexa! Cue Welcome To New York by Taylor Swift"

Ah, New York! The land where dreams are made. My fascination with this gorgeous city started when I watched Devil Wears Prada for the first time; the high skyscrapers, the hustle and bustle of the city, the fashion, and the people, all enticed me into believing this was the most magical place on earth. Gossip Girl, When Harry Met Sally, Serendipity, Bride Wars, The Proposal, some of my favourite movies and shows were all set in New York; you can't blame a girl for falling in love with the city. 

I always wondered what it was that made me love it and why I loved it so much. From creating Pinterest boards to burning sage and manifesting actually going there, I always hoped that I would finally get to see the city with my own eyes. But the question is: Is it really like the movies? The rhetorical answer is no, obviously not, who would be naive enough to believe that; but somewhere in me, I wonder if it really is like the movies. What if gaslighting myself into believing that, might turn it into reality? 'Life isn't like the movies', 'Stop living in a fairytale', are all echoes of words I hear every time I dream of New York. 

But maybe, just maybe it is. Fairytales can be true right? 

Sincerely, 
Sara 
















Comments

Popular Posts