Affirmations! Tips + Journal Template



Hello there!



Recently I have incorporated a new activity into my morning routine... Affirmations!

I like to start my day off by writing down a few affirmations and my goals for the day. This helps me start the day off on a positive and productive note. 

While writing down these affirmations, I like to listen to a podcast that recites a few affirmations as well. The one I listen to is called the Affirmation Meditation Podcast with Bob Baker. 

Here is a picture to make your search easier!




I usually write my affirmations on my Ipad, but you could use a paper journal. I have included a digital affirmation journal template below, so make sure you check it out.

After writing down my affirmations, as well as my mental and physical goals for the day, I like to meditate on my goals and intentions. The way I do this is I play the song Runaway By Aurora (with headphones) and I imagine my future self living the way I intend to. Imagine how you look, what you are wearing, what you are doing, travelling and anything else you want your future life to look like. Focus on your breathing while doing this exercise. Once you come out of this sweet trance, you will feel productive and motivated! 



Affirmation Journal

I use this journal every morning while sipping on coffee and listening to the above mentioned podcast. The way I use it is by saving it in the Goodnotes application on my Ipad. You could use it in a similar way or print it out and write on it. 
I have included a few affirmations as well, for you to refer to. 
Physical goals refer to any work-oriented goal you want to achieve. That could be to vacuum the house that day or complete a task that your boss has given you. It could even be to workout and eat healthy that day. 
Mental Goal could be something like 'I will not let others ruin my peace of mind' or 'I will not seek validation from others' 
This should give you an idea. 
You obviously don't need to stick to the numbers, you could write less than 5 affirmations or more than 2 goals. 

I highly recommend you practice this exercise everyday or at least a few times a week. I really do think it will make a difference. 









Disclaimer: This post is for knowledge and educational purposes only. I am not a therapist or mental health consultant and do not claim to be. 


























Comments

Popular Posts